Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skin Trade by Laurell K. Hamilton

I wasn't sure if I was going to read this one or not, one thing I did know was that I wasn't going to buy it. When I saw it on the new book shelf at the library, the decision was made and though I had mixed feelings, it took me less then a day to read. Did I like it? Yes and no. I loved the fact that this one seemed to have more of the feel of the earlier books and I think that's what kept me reading. It takes place in a different locale with some of my favorite recurring characters. But I have to say, I didn't miss St. Louis or Anita's harem. The conversation at times was tedious and repetitive, especially given the situations they were in. So I often found myself thinking, "they're talking about this NOW?" As a fan of erotica, I've been especially disappointed in the this aspect of the books. It's not the sex I mind so much as that the sex is so poorly written and monotonous.

3***

2 comments:

  1. Great review!! Not too much, not too little. Love it Annette!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to catch up on this series.. I haven't hit the down hill yet in the series and I keep getting further behind.. Thanks for the review. Melange is right.. just right!

    ReplyDelete