Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paranormal Activity


I saw this with a friend and her daughter over the weekend. Have been wanting to see it since I first heard about it's limited release in select cities so I jumped right on the bandwagon and requested that it be shown in my area. The idea was that if enough people requested it, Paranormal Activity would open nationwide. So here we are two days later and the movie, which didn't really seem to make a big impact on me is creating little ripple effects here. I woke up from my own nightmare last night convinced I knew what she had been dreaming about when the main character woke from her nightmare at one point in the movie. I never realized how many noises we hear each night without thinking a thing about it. Thankfully I don't sleep alone and I find myself curling up against my husband while still being able to see the room. I'd give this one 3 out of 5 stars but I still wonder why they(the couple) weren't sleeping with every light in the house on. Anyone remember Blair Witch? The way this was shot gives the same effect of vertigo. Also I've heard that a good bit of the script was ad libbed and they shot it in 11 days . That said, I think they did a good job considering that the movie never moves beyond the house and with the exception of two visitors(in my version anyway) we never see anyone but the young couple and some shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment