Monday, November 23, 2009

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris

Grave Secret is the 4th installment in Harris' Grave series. This series follows the career of Harper Connelly and her stepbother Tolliver as they travel across the country, paid to find the dead and in some cases, the circumstances that caused the deaths. I'm a big fan of everything Charlaine Harris but occasionally, there's a book that seems to be just filler. This is one of those times and while it does a great job of tying up some loose ends that have been hanging around since the beginning of their story, it settles them in such a way that I'm worried that this will either be the last book or close to it. There is one consolation to that thought, and that is that whatever she comes up with next , it will be worth waiting for. And I suppose it's always possible that she just wants to take the storyline in a new direction and is just clearing out some of the clutter thats accumulated. Amazing to me that I resisted reading her books for so long cause I was under the impression that they were cutesy and light , definitely a case of judging books by their cover as they are anything but.

3.5/5

2 comments:

  1. One of my coworkers has finally convinced me that I need to start on this series soon. I love Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series and was really impressed with the first Lily Bard novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed all of her series, seems like each has something very unique to offer. Lily Bard is a particular favorite of mine as well, there's just something so gritty and compelling about her. Oh, I did want to add, found out from an online friend that book 4 in the Grave series is the last. For now anyway. Maybe there will be something new in the near future?

    ReplyDelete