Monday, November 23, 2009

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich


I was so pleased to get a copy this month and couldn't wait to read it. As expected, Evanovich didn't disappoint and there were scenes where I was rolling on the floor I was laughing so hard. In spite of that, I'm thinking this will probably be my last in this series. After so many, I still am in awe of the way this author can do slapstick, hilarious is an understatement, and there are times I'm laughing so hard, it's a wonder the neighbors don't think I'm crazy. But, (you knew there was a but coming, didn't you?) for the last 3 or 4 books, I've been irritated with the issues that are never resolved and the repetitiveness is starting to wear on me. It will be hard to leave Ranger and Joe Morelli behind but I can certainly understand more why some authors decide to end a series. After a certain point, there's just not anymore story to tell.

3.5/5

5 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooooooo! ;-) I will never leave Joe and Ranger and I don't think it's important that she have to choose. I like the books as they are and wouldn't change them. To each his own I guess. I hope you change your mind for 16!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you know there's a chance that I might, plenty of time between this one and the next. I think when I happen upon these series and read them all in such a short space of time, I glut myself on them. Definitely time for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read 14 and a couple of the in between number books. By then maybe this one will be out in paperback and I'll get the chance to read it. I have grown a bit tired of the repetitiveness too--and the whole love triangle. As funny as these books are, I feel like I'm outgrowing Stephanie and her antics. I'm hanging on though. At least for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my TBR pile. I read these books sporadically yet I am a little tired of the triangle. Personally I would love to see her with Joe and just lust after Ranger. Next time I need a good laugh I will pick up my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if my mistake was in reading them so quickly instead of spacing them apart. By the time I gave in and read them, there were 12 or 13 in the series as well as a couple of in between books out already. Must admit, I gorged! LOL

    ReplyDelete